Warranty and Return Policy
Limited Warranty, and Return Policy.
Questions? Concerns? Compliments? We are just a phone call away! This direct line will put you touch with our customer service department: (206) 456-4290
Our customer service department is available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm (Pacific Time). If we do not answer right away, we are probably in the shop covered in sawdust. Hang tight and we will respond to your call within one business day!
For general questions about maintenance, trouble shooting, or getting the best sound out of your dialtune® snare drum, please visit the FAQ page of our website at www.dialtunedrums.com.
If you don’t absolutely love your dialtune product, we will offer a full refund if returned within the first 10 days, no questions asked.
You will be responsible for shipping costs associated with returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
To be eligible for a return, you must have purchased the product from dialtune or our authorized reseller and you must provide all proof of purchase and original packing for the product. To return any product, must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within the first 10 days after the purchase date and receive a RMA number, return instructions and a return address. You must comply with all return instructions. The drum must be undamaged, unmodified, and in the original packaging. You are solely responsible for all losses and damage occurring during transit. You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your return. An example of a rejection would include items that are clearly vandalized or damaged by abuse or neglect or modified in any way.
If your return is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a reasonable amount of time. Rejected returns will be shipped to sender with an invoice for the shipping costs and we reserve the right to charge your credit card for such shipping costs.
Limited Warranty and Repairs:
At dialtune, we believe in our products and workmanship. The Dialtune Proprietary Hardware is warrantied to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for the life of the product while the Drum Shells are warrantied to be free of defects for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. This warranty is limited to defects that negatively affected the intended use and operations of the product.
“Drum Shells” refer to the cylindrical body of the instrument and related components such as reinforcement rings, bearing edges, and finish (lacquers, stains, wraps, inlays, veneer and any combination of the aforementioned types).
“Dialtune Proprietary Hardware” refers to any and all plated metal components consisting of, but not limited to pulley holders, hoop clips, support rims, counter hoops, dial components, gears and gearboxes.
This warranty is non-transferable and is limited to those who purchased the product from dialtune or from a dialtune authorized resellers, and only while the product is owned by the original owner. Proof of purchase and original ownership is required for any warranty claims. Owners of dialtune products that are not covered by this warranty may obtain service on their drums but shall be liable for all costs for parts and labor, applicable taxes and incidentals, as well as all shipping and related costs.
If defects in materials or workmanship are discovered within the warranty period that negatively affect the intended use and operation of the product, we will repair and or replace the defective piece of hardware and will restore the product to its original intended condition or refund the original purchase price.
If the defective component is easily replaced by the user, we will ship the replacement component to the customer along with step by step instructions. If the defective component cannot be replaced by the customer, we will repair or replace defective components free of material and labor cost with comparable or functionally equivalent parts to the original purchaser upon return of the product to our shop. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your product to reach you, may vary.
All warranty claims and repair evaluations are to be directed to us directly at (email@example.com). All claims or repairs must first be submitted to customer service, and we will issue to you an RMA number, return instructions and a return address. You must comply with all return instructions. We are not responsible for and may reject any products or materials shipped to us which are not accompanied by a RMA number or returns where you have failed to comply with the return instructions. All return shipments must be properly packaged to protect against damage during shipping. We recommend using the original packaging to protect the product. You are solely responsible for all losses and damage occurring during transit. You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance.
You are responsible for paying all shipping costs as well as any shipping insurance, taxes, customs fees, and any other incidental costs and fees related to the shipping the drum to us. We do not warrant that we will be able to repair or replace any drum under this warranty without risk or damage to any aftermarket parts or other modifications made to the drum.
Any shipping damage experienced upon initial receipt after purchase must be reported to dialtune within 10 days of delivery. Original packaging must be kept as evidence.
The limited warranty provided above does not cover any of the following:
- All normal wear and tear;
- Superficial, or aesthetic defects that do not affect the use and operation of the product;
- Drumheads, snare wire, cables (rope) for the tuning system, and other consumable components;
- Any modifications or alterations made to original factory parts, shells, or finishes;
- Damage caused by neglect, temperature or moisture extremes (included but not limited to direct sunlight, excessive heat, freezing temperatures and/or direct exposure to the elements);
- Damage due to mishandling, neglect, improper setup, over tightening tensioning dial (i.e. stripped dial-face or broken pulleys due to forcing the system beyond its designated fail safe. See user manual and online videos for more information), damage in travel, shipping damage or use under other than what is classified as normal playing conditions;
- dialtune® products purchased from a source other than dialtune or an authorized dialtune drums dealer;
- Any owner other than the original purchaser;
- Used products sold by dialtune;
- Normal changes in wood grain, fading of color and/or aging of any finish;
- Factory installed products not manufactured by dialtune such as snare throw-offs, butt plates, Mae microphone system, etc;
- All acetate based drum coverings or any drum coverings prone to shrinkage, bubbling or damage from the elements;
- Lost or misplaced parts including but not limited to springs, dial components, hand tools included with the product, and screws or fasteners that have been lost; and/or
- Any other damage that are not caused by defects in materials or workmanship of dialtune.
Limitation of Liability: